The B Service first visit is at approximately 20,000 miles or 1 year after the previous service. The exact time is determined by the vehicle’s Flexible Service System.
Then it is typically every 20,000 miles or 2 years. This is for model year 2009 and newer. Call your service advisor for all 2015 Mercedes Benz A/B service specifics at 210-496-3222!
During the Service B, Certified Mercedes-Benz Technicians closely examine your automobile’s engine components, using specialized equipment to be sure that all the mechanical, electronic, and computerized devices are functioning properly.
We also address your automobile’s heating and cooling system. Over time, your engine coolant becomes contaminated, losing its ability to protect your engine from freezing in cold weather conditions and overheating in hot conditions. Very expensive repairs could result from avoiding this required maintenance.
Next, we inspect your fuel lines and connectors for any damage or wear, and we check your fuel tank vapor vent system, hoses and fuel tank supports.
Interior function checks
• Warning and indicator lamps, illumination and interior lighting.
• Check windshield Wiper, windshield washer systems, headlamp cleaning system.
• Check seat belts for damage and proper function.
• Replace dust filter (not applicable to Sl Class). (SlK add $52.00, R & Ml add $20.00.)
• Check parking brake (function test only).
• Check rear window wiper, window washer system as applicable.
• Reset maintenance service counter in instrument cluster.
Perform battery test.
Wheels and brakes
• Rotate tires (applicable models only, vehicles with same front to rear tire sizes).
• Check condition/thickness of brake discs (front/rear).
• Check brake pads for lining thickness (front/rear).
• Check tires for damage, condition.
• Check tire inflation pressure.
Underside of vehicle
• Check for leakage from major components.
• Check for chafe marks, line routing, damaged components.
• Check condition of front ball joints and rubber boots.
• Check condition of tie rods and drag links.
• Check condition of steering mechanical components and rubber boots.
• Inspect condition of flexible discs.
• Change engine oil and oil filter (synthetic oil and fleece oil filter).
• Check engine cooling system, antifreeze and corrosion protection.
• Check windshield washer system levels.
• Check power steering fluid level. Active body control (S, Sl, Cll)
• Check brake system fluid level.
• Check battery level and condition.
• Check catch, safety catch and hinges on engine hood for proper operation.
• Check condition of poly v‐belt.
• Check transmission fluid levels on applicable models.
• Correct spare tire inflation (applicable models).